The first round of HBS interview invites went out today at noon (the next batch will be sent out at noon on 30 Jan). Congrats to everyone who was invited! That’s a huge accomplishment in and of itself. But what should you do next?
- Optimize your interview time. You don’t want to be stressed out or distracted by any tight connections or traffic in the cab ride, so look at flights now and optimize your time slot according to your route.
- Honestly appraise your weaknesses. Everyone has them, even if you made it this far. The key is that the Adcom will use the interview to poke and prod your weaknesses to see how deep they go and how well you think on your feet, so be ready!
- Understand which questions the Adcom will ask you specifically. These will follow from your weaknesses. Practice makes perfect so identify them early.
- Research which questions are common at that school. They’ll use these questions to start and fill time. Practice your answers out-loud as oral communication skills are one of the key criteria they will use to evaluate you.
- Practice with people who have successfully gone through the HBS interview experience. Ideally with more than one as you can get two perspectives.
Want some help with numbers 2-5? Check out our Ace the Interview Package here.